Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It is done!

I wrote the title and then I thought of Charlton Heston and the Cecil B. deMille movie... "The Ten Commandments." Remember when Yul Brenner, as the pharoah Ramses would say, "So let it be written, so let it be done." In any case, that was a total deviation from the post.

The shower! It.is.done! Yippee! And it is more than awesome. Soooo much room. Sooooo much light. Soooo much cleaner and awesomer than I ever imagined.

Before:



After:


Holy cannoli! Isn't it amazing! A whole additional 12" of space in the width, plus three shower heads (one single and one dual), plus four body sprayers, plus a little notched out area to put my foot while I shave.






Whew! So much work, but worth it. (Not sure why the last photo is so blown out. Must have been playing with the camera settings.)

In other, non-noteworthy news...

My girls and I went to 1905 Pizza Bar and ate an enormous pizza. Russ joined us, and after dinner we went to Swirlls for frozen yogurt.



Last week saw Valentine's Day come and go.  My supervisors and I set up a candy bar for the staff.


I got flowers from the most amazing guy I know.



We went to see live music at a bar. Infinity's Twin is a local band where the lead singer also plays electric violin. It sounds dorky but once you see it you understand how cool it is. Check them out on Facebook: Infinity's Twin on Facebook.



We went to a game night with a bunch of friends and drank some amazing whisky called Willet. Never heard of it, but it was really tasty. Let me demonstrate the side effects.



And, as someone aspiring to improve her photography skills who is also participating in a project 365, I took the first (and probably the last) amazing picture of the year.



I think that's it. I made chicken fried steak (a la The Pioneer Woman Cooks) but no photos. I also made her creamy mashed potatoes. I have a photo somewhere. Oh, and sopapilla cheesecake. I think I have a photo of it. Guess I need to catch up on my photo uploading.

No comments:

Post a Comment