Saturday, January 29, 2011

A week later...

And nothing much has happened. Oh, no. Wait. Something. What was it? Oh, yes... the shower was completely deconstructed. <cough, cough>

But alas, life is not all work and no play. Why don't we start the weekend with a loud concert, too much to drink, and a way too late night.






We had plans to go see Taproot, sorta. It was more that we wanted to see one of the opening bands, which is one of our favorites, 12 Stones. But they had to cancel, so we weren't going to go. But then one of sweetie's former band mates said his band had taken 12 Stones' place in the lineup, so we were back on so we could see Chrome 44, and Mike.


Now, of course, I did not indulge except in one drink the whole night because I was the DD. In the end, I was very glad for this because while the rest of the crew had, um, imbibed a bit too much, I was perfectly fine. This meant that when THIS started up at 9 a.m. the next morning, I was unfazed.






It was loud. It was noisy. It was dusty. It was LOUD. Banging on the tile, whacking the walls, hauling crap out. But, as you can see, huge progress has been made on the before-mentioned ugly shower. We are left with an empty shell. Next up is a re-route/re-do of all the plumbing (yaay for new a hot water heater too!), a re-centering of the drain, and installation of the shower pan. Then next weekend the tile itself will be installed. And then... the plumbing will actually be connected to the fixtures. And then... the shower door will go in. In all, it will be about 4-5 weeks without a shower. We could make it happen quicker, except that little thing called WORK gets in the way. <sigh>

In any case, I'm getting excited. Dual shower heads, body sprays, cool tile. Did I mention a new hot water heater? I swear I am going to be the number one cause of the fail of Earth's ecosystem, what with all the energy that is used to supply me with all the hot water I use. And I wonder why my skin is so dry.

I will leave you with a random sampling of some of the photos I took last week.



No comments:

Post a Comment